Saturday 10 February 2018

Ways to Tell IT IS WINTER!

HOW WONKA? you all mutter up from the warmth of your duvets and blankets and THROWS.  First Up folks, you glance outside - peek behind the curtains or round the edge of the blind guarding you from the outside world.IT IS HORRID - and that was Owner's observation folks.  Now me, I poked my head round the bedroom curtain which isn't a curtain it is a bedspread PRETENDING to be a curtain - anyhow, I noted that although the sun was shining, it had the look of rain.  WAS I RIGHT OR WAS I RIGHT?  Freezing rain coupled with a good strong freezing wind and That folks, is how you know it is Winter.
 
There we are!!  That is the Castle on the hill in a Winter Storm!! OR Owner having a moment with the sketch pad.  We love it.X
 
Other ways to know it is Winter folks is just to turn on the telly and blow me down they are all at it in Pyong Yang or somewhere very like that.  IT IS PYeong Chang droned Owner and it is in South Korea. Winter sports folks is on it - they are rushing down slippery slopes laying on boards and whizzing WHIZZING round those bends.  Are they crazy?  Is Owner? Am I??  and guess what....NO that is not it, but good Clare Balding is telling us all about it nonstop. Winter sports folks is a sure way to tell it is WINTER.X
 
 
ME? I'm very well thank you and surviving on the diet by mostly eating Rugglesis and Bertie's food at every opportunity.  Let's face it Owner cannot keep tabs on me all the time and the minute she strikes out for victory (goes to the shops..x), I'm up those stairs quicker than a stair lift, to tackle what is left in Bertie's trough. Ruggles was pat and mick on the hall rag I mean carpet and I told on him as soon as I could shouting WATCH OUT OWNER and telling her where it was - this small diversion was long enough for me to tackle his overflowing saucer.X
 
 
Here we are!! a little reminder folks of who we all are!! X
 
In the completely silly world of pollytics, or the long running soap called WINTER OF OUR DISCONTENT - De Rien has happened.  Tresa Grey is still warbling away, and her rusty old cabinet is all scrapping amongst itselves. Jezzer asked a couple of Questions in the infamous and long running comedy show also know as Prime Minister Qs!! Was it about Brexit Wonka you all wake up and ask me? NO it was on about the police force and spending. I did miss some of this boring exchange as Owner was busy shouting at the telly at the time.  Across the big stretch of water that luckily divides us from everywhere else, they are all arguing, parading, voting and wotnot, and in the case of donwald, suffering bad hair days.  PLUS there is new deputy leader from sconny botland for the pesky lib Dems called Jo and Owner likes her.  but we like Vinnie too.X
 
Owner has now given McMuffin or McMafia another chance.  I HAVE TO TRY IT Wonka, she bleated to me, ALL SAY IT IS Magnificent.  The good news is, she is now on episode three and I can enjoy a good zzzzzzzzzzz whilst she watches all the way up to Episode 8 and the Grande Finale on Sunday!! In Corrie  Feelan continues to sniff out the enemy and his prey....whilst Eileen sits back enjoys cake and tea on the settee and makes jokes about how she could MURDER a bun. Evah is still lying about the babe and leading Adam on.....and Carling black eyebrows is playing her dying kidney scene for all it is worth and it turns out ALL in the street suddenly adore her and want to give her a kidney.  I mean.X  Owner watched enough Enders to drive her a bit mad (Staycee made a brief return from the locked up house) as the continuing and surely most boring heist ever, rambled on - it has even produced a new character!  in the shape of Mel's (don't ask me I forget)son.  I know X
 
Now the other way to tell it is Winter, is when Owner racks up the heating even higher than usual, pulls the curtain (it's all about curtains folks in this hose) across the good back door, and announces (to no one there, PERSONNE) I'M NOT GOING OUT IN THAT.  Now I thought that was my line folks, but I have to say most mornings I dash outside to our little outback to check on those pesky birds OR any other strangers in the night.  Ruggles has to go outside for a long drink of stagnant water from Sam's old water bowl a quick game with a small twig or leaf and then he is straight back inside - me? I like to stay out in the freezing cold until Owner comes out and makes me come in.  I know!! X
 
There he is!! Ruggles slurping and gurgling some of that water from Sammy Dog's old water bowl, which Owner tells me is millions of years' old! It is stainless steel folks, and about 40 years' old!! X
 
Now next week folks has all in it: Valentines Day, Pancake Day and it is the start of the Chinese New Year!! I have said a big prayer for Owner to get a job so we don't all starve and surely, if it is the Year of the Dog, one of Owner's old dogs will sort it all out for us.  (that is Sam and Diva for a start off.....) Do have a warm and wonderful wintry week folks!! Big Love Wonka X



No comments:

Post a Comment