Saturday 3 November 2018

Great Expectations X

WONKA do you meant the book written by that rather intriguing man Charles Dickens?  Which featured the boy PIP who lived with his feisty Sister  Mrs Joe Gargery and of course the wonderful Joe himself, married to said Sister.
In a word NON!! I don't mean any of them but now you've mentioned it, it does happen to be Owner's fave Dickens story and she once (I did worry over it at the time...x) tweeted the entire story - NOT WORD FOR WORD WONKA SURELY???!!!! - no NO!! folks I managed to stop that madness at the keyboard BUT she chose CHOICE bits of each chapter and on it went AND that was when twittering and tweeting was limited to 140 characters!!!
 
There we are!! Mrs Joe on the ram-page as Mr Dickens succinctly (GASP at my choice of word.X) puts it.And folks there was much much more as Owner really did love Pip and dearest Joe.
 
 
BUT I DIGRESS.  Have you swallowed or eaten or somethinged a dictionary Wonka you all shout at me fed up to the back fangs with all these fancy words  and folks - I will try hard to keep it simple now.  When I spoke of Great Expectations I merely meant it is good to have them because sometimes JUST sometimes those miracles do happen and life deals you a winning hand.
 
HAS SOMETHING HAPPENED WONKA??  folks just let me tell you Owner who as you all know is ever on the cusp of deep debt, has been lifted up by said miracle and we can all carry on eating drinking and using the facilities without fear of hammering the credit card into oblivion. I know.X
 
I haven't mentioned little pip Squeak who is even now batting me with her paws and trying to get me up and playing back!! Owner droned to me that from the second she rose up this morning and I mean the kitten not Owner - that she has been nothing but mischief.  It pulled down a curtain shielding Owner from horrid neighbours and carried on speeding up and down stairs whilst me and Rug were hoping for a well earned nap.  It has slightly calmed down and we all have highish hopes for a quiet night aside from the bombs I mean fireworks going on and shattering the peace.X
 
There we are some more from the wonderful Pip and Joe for you, and the famous HOUT when Joe takes Pip on his first visit to Miss Havisham.X  And remember folks, this was where Pip thought his great expectations came from but did they??  you must read it to find out as it is not always the obvious -which is why they are so great!  X
 
Now pollytics folks has gone straight to the moon on an orange stroke blue rinse rocket with donwald the trump calling refugees a danger to his country and fairly well downgrading the good old US of A even further if that is possible and it seems it is whilst back in this tiny isle which is shrinking by the minute we have suspicious bizness folks who gave millions to silly old brexit on toast well where did the pound notes really come from eh EH??? and Jezzer was last seen with a hard hat on riding his bike at top speed away from annoying interviewers and their questions...Tresa Grey may or may not have been brokering the last pesky five percent of that deal and as for the others................if they have any sense, all down the pub. End of.XX
 
 
IS the aged coping in her new home Wonka you are all ears and bristling fur to know - folks when Owner last visited she reports all is well and she even had a compliment.  she didn't ask how old I was or why I hadn't visited in the last 24 hours either, Owner droned to me and folks I did say surely that is a blessing these visits which are spread out.....................  and just to finish off here, there is one last illustration done by Owner's fair hand of another more famous Aged.X
 
There we are!!  The Aged, from Great Expectations.....XX
 
Now have we been watching anything exciting on the telly and the answer folks is NO NOT REALLY.  Owner tried to watch the little drummer girl or boy or wotnot and could not take to it calling it TOO STYLISH for me Wonka.  This is translated as Owner did not like the story, did not like the actors did not like the filming of it end of.  BUT we clung to Strictly Halloween and the even more spooky Hex Factor where that strange boy band is still in and some singers are voted out.  In corrie world the one who murdered the drugs baron what was after the entire family and had a gun in his glove puppet I mean pocket and bled to death after he took the stake out of his leg in the burned out car wreck - well he wants to confess to the police (quite right too shouts Owner at the telly.x) but his mother thingy michelle who is married to thingy chef she says not to.  SHINAID has told Daniel about the cancer and is now on chemo but lying about her next appointment.  I can feel a strong response from Owner akin to how she felt about Stacee (enders) everytime she popped up on the screen.  it is called annoyance and impatience all rolled into one and bordering on more shouting at the telly to JUST GET ON WITH IT.  The Apprentice is choc full of annoying people including Lord Sugah and his sidekicks.  But we love it anyway.XX
 
So last week tottered by with Owner giving out sweets to the children dressed up as spooks and ghouls whilst I peered down the stairs at them and little pip Squeak was confined to its bedroom.  Ruggles was fast over on his cushion and knew nothing about it.  I know.XX  YES those billy fireworks are going off but the decision was made to zzzzzzzzzzz through most of it and so far this is working.  ONE DAY THEY WILL SEE SENSE AND MAKE THEM SILENT OR JUST BAN THE LOT OF THEM went Owner but folks as long as there is money to be made............XX
 
so last week has ended on a high note for this household and perhaps it should be renamed unexpected expectations!! You should all rush out and make a wish on the new moon just like Owner does with a little 5p piece in her pocket.  And whilst she is in such a bonny mood which means folks that I get spoilt rotten (she gave me such a hug to celebrate the good news that our finances were rescued I did say steady on Owner I feel a bit claustrophobic but she couldn't hear me above squashing me.X) - yes me and alright rug and Pipsqueak will be alright now as the song goes.  have the week of your lives folks and as for that far away dream??  pull it up close and live it to the best of your furry fur!! Big Love Wonka XX
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment